Thursday, December 2, 2010

What a day!


Yesterday was a fun filled day of everything hospital. I had to leave work at 10 a.m. to go to pre-op bloodwork, etc. at Northside Hospital where the lymph node biopsy and port placement will be done. While sitting in the 2nd waiting room, a sweet little old man sitting near me had A LOT of aftershave on and that made my allergies very unhappy. So the sneezing, coughing, and sinus pressure was on full force now. After 10 min I was able to relocate to another chair.

Then I had to go to Kennestone Hospital fo a diagostic mammogram on the right side. My insurance wouldn't cover the mammogram on the right innitially because it would be considered a screening since I had no symptoms and I was under 35 yrs of age. Now that I have a cancer diagnosis they will cover it. The radiologist confirmed that I have a normal mammogram on the right. Yeah!

After the mammogram I had to hunt down the area where my echocradiogram would be done. Just to get that scheduled was a rough experiece. I won't bore you with the details. Let's just say that yesterday was the last day I could get it done before seeing the oncologist on Friday. If I hadn't have been proactive and persistent, the lady from the oncologist's office in charge of scheduling it would have messed everything up.

It is 9:20 a.m., and I am in pre-op waiting my turn for the OR. I'm scheduled for 1:00 p.m., but for some reason I had to be here at 8:00 a.m. and couldn't eat anything after midnight. All my body gets for right now is an i.v.




Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

No comments:

Post a Comment