Monday, December 13, 2010

First day back to work after chemo

Today was a REALLY rough day at work.  For those of you who aren't familiar with my 'normal' work schedule:

     Monday - Tuesday
     4:30 am     Time to wake up
     5:45 am     Leave house to insure I make it to the office by 6:30
     7:00 am - 5:00 pm     Time we see patients with a one hour lunch break
     5:30 pm     Usually the latest I leave work to head home
     6:30 pm     On average...when I normally make it home
     Thursday
     I typically go in for a few hours to work on things I need total concentration on or discuss private 
     matters with parents regarding their accounts, etc.

As I expected, this would not be a 'normal' work week.  I made it to the office at 7:00 am...along with my nausea, diarrhea, and ability to barely hold my eyes open.  When I got up this morning (after only 2 hours of sleep),  I have now started having a really sore throat.  I hated that I couldn't do my job like I have been for the past 3 1/2 years.  I am now at the computer in the back office to eliminate the amount of germs I will come in contact with.  The first week after chemo is when the white blood cell count will, of course, start decreasing. 

Once I got home after work, all I could do why head for the couch.  I felt so bad.  This is the worst exhaustion I have ever felt.  My throat is on fire now, and the glands in my neck are extremely swollen.  Thank you Jeremiah for making it home not too long after I did.


No comments:

Post a Comment