Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Wig Day!

Wednesday I had an appointment with David Hamblen.  My friends Jessie, Sharon, Barb, and Kelly highly recommended him if I was considering a wig.  He is soooooo nice and really knows EVERYTHING about cancer treatment.  He has worked with a lot of ladies as they make their journey through the transition of hair loss.  He spent the first few minutes just asking how I am doing.  He spoke to me a lot about the chemo, what to expect, etc.  He has a wide range of wigs on hand (synthetic and human hair) for his clients to look at.  There is a lot that goes into them and so many different features.  My concern is the wig comfort with my fibromyalgia.  I can barely stand an elastic headband in my hair for more than 10 minutes.

Here are a few I am considering:

 I keep thinking about all the medical bills that are starting to add up, and in my type A mind, I feel like this shouldn't be a priority.  Paying for the treatment is most important.  David and I talked for an hour, and I set up another appointment with him for Thursday, December 16.  I know!  All of you who are reading this blog and know me well are saying "Dana, just do it!" 

When I got back to work after my appointment, there we two of those round plastic Christmas containers and a card sitting on my desk.  It was homemade soup and hard candy, hand sanitizer, and soap from a mom of several of our patients.  T. Murray, thank you so much for your kindness.  All of the mom's who have been in this week have lifted my spirits...thank you I. Coto, F. Najjay, F. Thurston, and W. Dautrich for your kind words yesterday.  I hope y'all know that you and your children are not "patients" to us.  You are part of our dental family.

1 comment:

  1. Go with the blue. I had a light red wig for my sister's wedding. Again if you would like to see any hats email at belle2877@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete