Friday, December 10, 2010

Neulasta...and shoveling nausea meds Friday Dec. 10

Had my 9:00 appointment with the surgeon for her to check my incision sites from the lymph node biopsy and putting the port in.  Here is what they look like so far.   Sorry about the armpit shot.  I am limited in being able to shave there, and it's numb so feels too weird to spend time tidying up that area.
 
Here are the wonderful ladies who take care of me at Dr. Johnson's office.  

My next stop is the oncologist....again.  I am getting an injection of Neulasta.  The chemo is destroying white blood cells in my body so we have to get my bones to producing more at a faster rate.  It is given in my stomach near my belly button, AND I get to add extreme bone pain to my list of symptoms.  Studies have shown that taking Claritin and Aleve helps reduce the discomfort.  I would like to say it helps "reduce" it.  It is still very uncomfortable.

100 bottle of pills on the wall....well it feels like it when you take so many several times a day

 The mother of a dear friend (Debbie) passed away this week. I drugged myself up with anti-nausea medicine after leaving the oncologist, and we then headed to the funeral home in Lawrenceville, GA.  Nothing was going to stop me from being there.  Our friend and her husband (I have to state that Mark is our friend, too  **smile**)  moved to New Jersey quite a few years ago, and we miss them sooooooo much.  We are so sorry for your loss.  


Tomorrow (December 11) is our 11 year Anniversary.  We bought tickets several months ago to see Trans Siberian Orchestra.  I know the worst of the symptoms will start to hit tomorrow, so I am determined for us to get out before I am home bound for several days. I continued loading up on the anti-nausea medicine to try and make it through the night.   During the show, I posted a picture on Facebook.  An old high school friend (Charlie M.) replied to the post that he was there, too.  It would have been wonderful to have the opportunity to see him!  1 hour and 45 minutes into it (and no intermission) I was starting to go down hill.  I started thinking about how bad the traffic was going to be leaving Gwinnett Arena and knew we better leave while we could get out quickly.  It was a one hour drive just to get there.  They were ok, but not something I personally would pay to go back to see.  Sorry TSO.
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment