Friday, December 17, 2010

Doctors, doctors, doctors

Today I was doctor office hopping, and my mom was my chauffeur.  My first appointment was with the radiation oncologist, Dr. Sandra Gregory, at 10:00 am.  She reviewed all of my labs, test reports, etc. before deciding on my length of radiation treatment after my surgery.  About four weeks after my surgery I will have radiation five days a week, 6 1/2 weeks, for 10 minutes a day.  Dr. Gregory said the only side effects will be a 'sun burn' feeling on my skin...that over the counter aloe vera will take care of.  Whew!  That will be easy.  During Dr. Gregory's exam she noticed the incision area from my lymph node biopsy was a little bit swollen.  She wanted me to call Dr. Johnson (my surgeon) and see if she could aspirate the area.

I called Dr. Johnson's office, and I only had a short window to see her because they close early on Friday's.  So we get in the car and drive to her office.  Dr. Johnson did an ultrasound on the spot and said the fluid that is in there could go away on it's own as long as I QUIT USING THAT ARM.  :)  She didn't want to aspirate it until she knew what my white blood cell count was (which I won't know until my 1:00 appointment with my oncologist).  Thank you for your caution, Dr. Johnson. 

 I love the ladies at Dr. Johnson's office!

After seeing Dr. Johnson, my mom and I rode back up to the exit we were originally at to see my oncologist.  My white blood cell count was holding at a safe level.  I just need to be careful of my exposure to germs, still.  Now we get to FINALLY eat lunch!  Yeah!

My mom took me to Longhorn Steakhouse for my first real meal in a week.  Boy did it taste sooooooooo good.  Thank you for lunch mom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment