Thursday, December 16, 2010

Minute+Clinic and a Bird

                                                                  Maybe not this bird.

I got up this morning with one mission on my mind...go to the Minute+Clinic to find out if I have strep or not.  There were 5 people ahead of me who will be seen one at a time since there is only one Nurse Practitioner there.  After last nights drive home and not feeling well, I was tempted to go lie down in an isle until they called my name.  Jessie...you know what isle I was going to lie down in.  :)  Hee hee!  Finally, it was my turn...2 hrs later.  The NP was stunned by my throat.  She said some of them looked like ulcers and some didn't.  Unfotunately, since I am taking the Cipro, a rapid strep will come back negative.  The culture had to be sent out to a lab for an overnight test.  They can't give an antibiotic unless they have a positive test.  Aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!  I just want an instant fix.  I don't know how much more I can take this week.

I went home and slept.  When I woke up I felt worse.  I decided it was time to cash in my 'Emotional Breakdown check'.  How can I make it through 5 more of these?  By the grace of God...that's how.  Many of my friends that I have reconnected with through Facebook sent me very encouraging words.  Thank you so much.  My mom came up tonight to spend the weekend and help Jeremiah around the house.  When she got to our house, I was already in bed watching T.V.  She climbed in the bed beside me.  I told her EVERYTHING that I was tired of.  She listened and said, "You only have 5 more to go."  I looked at her and shot her a bird.  While in the moment, the bird felt good...later I thought, "Oh my goodness!  I shot my mom a bird.  Mom?  I really am sorry.  :)  Thank you for coming.  I really need my mom this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment