Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Oh where, oh where, has all my hair gone

I had been told from the first appointment I had with my oncologist, Dr. Volas-Redd, that my particular chemo would certainly cause hair loss.  David who did my wig confirmed this reality.  It usually starts around day 15-17 after the first chemo treatment.  Mine started on Christmas day...which is also the day before I got my wig.  What timing, huh?  This is what my shower drain looked like.  I actually handled it really well.  Now my only concern is what my head will look like when I lose the majority of it.  Did my mom and dad lay me around on the floor a lot where I will have a flat spot...like the back end of a Honda CRX?

My next round of severe hair loss happened on December 29 after David cut it super short.  Now I look like one of those boot scrubbers.  Don't tell Jeremiah I said that about the boot scrubber.  It really aggravates him.  Hee hee!  P.S.  Thanks mom and dad.  I don't have a flat head!







No comments:

Post a Comment