Friday, December 3, 2010

TGIF ????

Today I had an appointment with my oncologist, Dr. Volas-Redd.  She told us the PET scan and lymph node biopsy came back clear.  Hallelujah!

She wants me to start chemo next Thursday, December 9.  Even though the initial breast biopsy came back as low nuclear grade, the stains were showing Hi 67 as the cells dividing rapidly.  So she is going to treat this cancer very aggressively.  My treatments will now be 3 weeks apart instead of 2 since we are going to be using a strong chemo.  I'll still have 6 treatments.  Looks like my mastectomy will now take place late April to early May.  Dr. Volas-Redd said that I should go ahead and get my hair cut short if I want to because my hair will start thinning quickly and by day 17 I will see a significant change.  Made my hair cut appointment for next Tuesday.  It will probably look similar to this.





2 comments:

  1. Hey Dana! I have some cute hats that you can borrow if you would like. I can email you pics of them and you can chose which you would like me to send to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love love this hair cut! Xayaseng

    ReplyDelete