Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Ice and chemo don't mix well

Day #3 back to work after first chemo treatment.  I am still dragging...and HuNgRy. The spots on my tonsils and throat are worse now.  None of it has shown up in my mouth thank goodness.  I am running about a 100.5 temperature (which is high for me because my norm is about 97.5).  I spoke to the nurse at the oncologist's office, and she said I need to have a rapid strep done and get on the amoxicillin...not Cipro.  I decided to go by the Minute+Clinic at the CVS pharmacy on the way home.  The weather was forecasting icy roads in the evening so I thought I would just go to the one two miles from my house.

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha!

To make a Loooooooooooooooong story short, it took me 5 1/2 hrs to get home.  Yeah, that's right.  I pulled into my driveway at 10:32 pm.  At about hour 3 I was starting to lose my patience.  I hurt all over and being in the car that long really put the cherry on top of the week so far.  Seems like the roads started icing quicker than anyone expected.  I didn't make it to the Minute+Clinic, of course.  This chic is going straight to bed.  Thank you Jimmy and Monique for coming up to the house and checking on the dogs.  :) and Thank you Jerry and Patricia for calling my parents to check on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment