Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Chemo #2 / Lisa brings supper

Now that I know how this chemo infusion goes down, I was a little bit more relaxed about it.  
I had my blood work done first to make sure my white blood cell count is o.k.  Then I headed to the battle field.  It went the same as last time starting out with the i.v. antibiotic and steroid.  I just had to count down the seconds until my date with the Red Devil, the nickname for my particular chemo.  It makes me nauseated just looking at the syringe.  I had a new comfort item with my this time.  A very sweet friend named Christy Bennett brought me a bracelet that her mom wore when she had breast cancer...coincidentally her name was Dana as well.  What a beautiful thing you did for me, Christy!

                                            The port where the chemo                                The Red Devil
                                                           goes in.

                                                    Christy Bennett                       The bracelet she gave me is the one       
                                                                                                           with the breast cancer ribbons.

 I did have some entertainment while at my chemo infusion today.  There was a man here getting his infusion as well.  He was quite a bit larger than the t-shirt and flannel shirt 'jacket' he was wearing...so his stomach was very visible.  He spent two hours in the room with me belching over and over without even saying, "I'm so sorry" to those of us in the room with him. Yuck!


When I got home from chemo, my new friend Lisa Taylor brought supper for us. I have gotten to know Lisa more through the Bible study group I joined recently.  Even though I knew I would start being sick tomorrow, it was nice to know we would have enough left over for Jeremiah to have a few more meals.  Thank you so much for putting so much love into the meal you brought.  It means more than you will ever know.



Nutmeg stayed with me 24/7...even while I was in the bathroom sick. 


McGuirk (below) joined in when it was time to snuggle on the couch.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment