Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Years Day brings my dear friend Kim

Today was not only the start of a new year to come, but the day my dear friend Kim Hankins Vier came to visit.  One thing that has made my new life with cancer a little rough is being away from her.  Have you had someone ever tell you that you have a twin?  Well, she is mine.  Our souls are so much alike, our body type is the same (until I started putting on weight last year due to my body's increase in estrogen with the cancer), our manorisms mirror each other, and our hearts feel the same way on so many levels. 

I wanted to just break down and cry when I saw her, but my eyes held the tears right on the edge of my eye lashes. I'm holding the tears back now just typing this.  I wanted to tell her how much I need her while going through this, but boy does she have her own hands full.  She is a full-time mom to two beautiful young children (Ansley and Jackson), a busy wife, principal of an elementary school, and working hard to live a good Christian life in this troubled world we live in these days.  I hope everyone has the opportunity to meet someone in the course of their life like Kim.  Love you so much girl!


No comments:

Post a Comment