Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Emily, you have been such a blessing

My co-worker, Emily Beaumont, has been such a blessing.  Breast cancer is something she is very familiar with in her family.  She has been such an encouragement to me over the past two months.  So many things have affected me while fighting this vicious enemy of mine.

As if it's not enough to constantly think if you're going to die from this, but for some people to continue to be insensitive to what's going on is just the cherry on top.  Please understand me, I don't expect special treatment because I have cancer.  Just act like a decent human being and be aware of your actions and words.

I cried all the way home today because my body is torn all the way to the ground, and I feel like I'm being stomped on as well.  I truly don't think certain people really "get" what I'm going through.  At least that's how I'm trying to process it because it is unfathomable that someone could be so heartless. 

When I got the mail out of the mailbox, I had another card from Emily with uplifting words.  Thank you for putting a smile back on my face.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment