Thursday, January 6, 2011

Just standard blood work today, right?

Well, here we go.  The chemo is starting to affect my stats now.  My heart rate is up a bit, blood pressure has dropped some (which explains me being so light headed), and my white blood cell count has dropped a little bit.  The catheter and port is starting to be QUITE ANNOYING!

Because my stats were less than acceptable, I had to stay for some I.V. fluids.  Good thing I have my book with me.  Looks like I'll be hanging out in the infusion room for a while.


After leaving the oncologist, I "needed" to stop by Super Target for a few things.  Mainly for therapy.  Boy do I love that store!  Not only did I knock a few things off my grocery list, forget about my cancer for a few minutes while in the storage/organization section, but I got to see a dear lady named Stephanie Kennedy.  I met Stephanie about two years ago through my friend, Jessie Xayaseng.  Stephanie has such a sweet soul.  I'm so surprised she recognized me with my hat on to cover my 'boot scrubber' hair style.  They had just closed on their new house today, and she needed a few things as well.  Thanks for talking with me Stephanie.  Hope to see you again soon!
** Hope you don't mind me using this pic from your Facebook page.  I didn't have my pictures loaded on my computer today. **


No comments:

Post a Comment