Saturday, January 15, 2011

Weekend with loved ones


Friday, January 14, 2011

1st ---  HaPpY BiRtHdAY MoM !!!!

My neighbor, Monique, went out of town this weekend for a scrapbook retreat.  Her daughters, Madison and Riley, spent a few hours with me until their dad (Jimmy) got home from work.  We ran a couple of errands and then vegged out on the sofa to watch "Ramona and Beazus".

We went in Kirkland's to just look around.  The girls were so excited when they saw three bags together that had all of our initials.

Trying on hats at Target (L) Madison, (R) Riley

Saturday, January 15

For Christmas this past year, instead of buying a physical gift for our parents we decided to take our parents somewhere and make a memory with them.  We decided to take them to something they never would have gone to on their own.  We love a comedian named Brian Regan and try to see him whenever he is in Atlanta.
We did take pictures of us with our parents...but I can't find them.  :( 

My wonderful husband, Jeremiah


Saturday, January 15

My weekend ended with some of my dear friends coming over to visit for a while.  Victor and Sandra brought their 2 year old son Thomas to visit.  Seeing Victor really meant a lot.  They brought southern comfort items....apple pie and sweet tea!  The nausea is really bad, so I unfortunately didn't have any.  :(  He has had precancerous polyps in his colon for a few years.  His doctor was starting to get worried that they were continuing and felt it would be best to have a colon resection in order to prevent colon cancer.  He had the surgery in December, and here he is at my house checking on me.  I have worried about him so much.  The cherry on top was getting to see his wife, Sandra, and little Thomas.  We haven't seen Thomas since he was a few months old.

Two of our other friends, Dan and Caroline, came by to visit, too.  They went with us to eat at Longhorn Steakhouse and then watched a movie at our house.  I am so blessed to have such a wonderful support system.  It is really getting hard to deal with everything that is happening...emotionally, mentally, and physically.




No comments:

Post a Comment