Friday, November 19, 2010

Tonight TRUMPED today's earlier Earth moving events

Speechless!  That's the first word that pops up in my head.  Then touched, tears of joy, humbleness, and love.  Jessie picked me up for dinner at Sugo tonight.  My "date" did her research, and brought me flowers...my faves, Gerber Daisies.

I was expecting a quiet evening catching up on what Logan and Lilly (her two beautiful children) have been doing, and how the house hunt has been going.  What was I thinking?!  Jessie was in charge of our evening after all.  We walked in...I suspected nothing.  As I walked around the corner to our table I quickly learned it was TABLES.  Sitting there were a fabulous group of ladies that I love and adore.  She had put together a surprise birthday party so I wouldn't associate my 34th birthday with the time I found out I had cancer.  There were lots of balloons, gorgeous flowers, lots of pictures from moments in my life, and a beautiful birthday cake with LOTS OF ICING!  What really meant the most to me was that each lady took the time to come support me after the day I just had.  I received so many wonderful gifts to bring me comfort during my treatment:  comfy pajamas, comfy socks, a book to remind me cancer can't take away my hope/etc., a bracelet with words from the Bible, gift card to buy some of my favorite books while at my chemo treatments, a beautiful wine bottle etched with breast cancer ribbon/"Think Pink" painted on it/and white fairy lights inside, Macy's and Target gift card to buy more comfy pajamas (YES!), a beautiful scarf, an Irish cross that is sitting on my mantle now, and an iTunes gift card to download more of "The Little Couple" episodes.   

 
 
   
 


I need to get copy of Sharon and Monique's pictures.  :)  I'll post them as soon as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment