Friday, November 19, 2010

An afternoon of "Too much info"...but it's necessary

My oncologist visit:  I LOVE Dr. Redd.  She is high spirited, full throttle, and a fighter.  We are going to get along well.  I will have 6 chemo treatments (one every two weeks).  I asked her the common chemo question.  Will my hair fall out.  Basically...I will have "laser hair removal", a "Brazilian wax", and I will cut my shower time down by 90% because I won't have any hair to wash or shave off my body.  I see some positives in a somewhat sad situation.  She confirmed I will have radiation after the surgery.  My appointment with the radiation oncologist is scheduled for December 17.  Did I mention all of this is moving so fast?!

On top of that I have to have a PET scan, echocardiogram, diagnostic mammogram on the right side, my lymph node biopsy, and port put in before I see Dr Redd again on Friday, December 3.  Having a hard time keeping up with all the dates???  I know I am.  I set up a time line you can follow.  Just click on the calendar tab at the top for every appointment (past, present, and future).  Or you can see this week's appointments in the upper right hand corner of the blog.  Have to go.  My friend Jessie is taking me to dinner for my birthday tonight.  She will be here in about 20 minutes.  I did mention she knows how my brain thinks.  I need this "moment of normalcy".

 My fun so far today?  After the oncologist, I went to get my hair color done.  I decided to keep this appointment because I wasn't going to have bad roots....with gray might I add...until I start losing my hair.  :)  I cleared it with Dr. Scott, my boss, and I got a couple slices of pink in my hair.  I'm going out with a bang!

No comments:

Post a Comment