Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Time to "Fight Like a Girl"!!!

November 15, 2010    7:15 pm    This was the day and time Miah and I opened the envelope.  The one that had been sealed up since 1:23 pm when I left Kennestone Hospital with it.  This envelope contained the results of the MRI breast biopsy I had done the Thursday before.  Deep down in my heart, I already knew what the pathology report would say...and I was already at peace with it.

Jeremiah sat beside me as we read "Final Diagnosis, mammory carcinoma".  Breast cancer.  **insert sigh here**  We made the call to our parents and brothers, my dear friends Jessie and Kim, and my boss.  By this time my brain was going 150 mph and a headache was coming on.  I sent a text out to our friends trying to lighten the gravity of the actual situation that said, "Happy Birthday to me...breast cancer at 33".  I wanted everyone to know that I am going into this with as much joy as I can.  Staying positive and trying to keep calm is important to me.  I have a follow-up appointment with my breast surgeon (Dr Anita Johnson) this Friday to get the results of the breast MRI biopsy...the one that I already have a copy of.  I can't wait a whole week without knowing.  My boss, Dr Scott, was so kind to let me drive to Kennestone Hospital yesterday and hunt down my pathology report.   Dr. Johnson will have our war plan ready then.

1 comment: