Thursday, March 3, 2011

No chemo today!

Today I was scheduled to have chemo treatment #5 at Kennestone Hospital.  My mom sent me a text telling me good luck, and I sent her this joyful picture of me waiting. 
With every chemo, I know we are growing closer to ridding my body of this EVIL visitor, but my body is wearing down.  My heart rate is still high (120 today), so Dr. Volas-Redd told me my heart is a major concern since we haven't been able to get my heart rate down.  She has canceled my chemo and sending me straight to the cardiologist today.  His name is Dr Donald Page at Kennestone Hospital.  I'm not allowed to continue my chemo until he clears me.  My appointment is at 1:30.  Let's go get some lunch!!!!


Guess who's happy about no chemo today!!!
Eating lunch at Chili's with my favorite guy.  Love you!
Dr Page did an EKG and echo on my heart today.  He is putting me on a beta blocker to try to get my heart rate back down.  At 4:25 pm today, I was cleared for my next chemo treatment.  We will be heading back to the oncologist tomorrow with my next dance with The Red Devil.


No comments:

Post a Comment